Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Curious Sale of the Book at Lunch-time

My company, attempting to be a good corporate citizen, runs a couple of charitable activities every year. One of them is a used book sale: all books are donated by the employees, and all proceeds disappear into some charity or other. Anyway, among the Danielle Steel paperbacks and multiple copies of The Purpose-Driven Life (what, it didn't work?) you get one or two interesting things like --


-- which I grabbed at once. It's pretty thick, and I'm contemplating leaving the book in my office as a pretty distraction means of destressing.

And I'm curious. Who had the book in the first place? And why would he or she get rid of it? I know there's another film addict buff in the company but I don't think she would've parted with this. Could there be another film buff in the company?

No comments: